Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Are you an asshole? No, wait, I spoke with all of them today

Not really of course, just two. Slumlord Landlord and my ex husband.

Ex sent me a text last night asking me if I would be back in Indiana today and if I was going to be, would I be picking Steve up after school. He needed to know so he could tell his Dad not to pick him up. I said yes to both.

What do I see when I pull up to the house? His dad sitting in the driveway. The bus is down the block, I see Steve walking. I'm on my cell calling the ex. He said "oh shit, I forgot....well, you just talk to him and tell him"...I said, "jesus christ just call him and tell him now" and he tells me this through clenched teeth, I've heard the clenched teeth before, "Okay Michelle, I have nothing better to do than fucking kiss your ass, so I'll call him."

I think I went from 0 to 60 and as calmly as I could muster said, "I'm not asking you to kiss my ass I'm asking you to do what you said you would do last night"

He hung up.

So Steve is almost to the driveway and I step out and say "Ex said he forgot"....Ex's dad just smiles and gives a wave and an ok.

Ex calls me back and tells me that his Dad doesn't have his cell phone with him to call. I told him it was alright, I took care of it.

I don't want to have to speak with his parents. The last time I had to be around my ex FIL, he would not look at me, not acknowledge me in any way, shape or form. So no, I do not want to have to speak with him if I don't have to.

Steve gets into the car, and we head off to get his haircut. He has Spring pics tomorrow:D. When we are leaving, I say "let's go see Lisa and Mason!" She used to live near us and Mason and Steve were best buddies for one summer.

We're having some small talk about me moving and I tell him that I need to speak with his father about all of this because we hadn't really spoken. Then I add, "except for the texts last night about me picking him up today and how I wish he hadn't forgot to tell your grandpa because it was a wasted trip for him". Steve replied with "oh, he talked to Grandpa last night. He told Grandpa that you (meaning ME) might not show up so Grandpa said he'd be there just in case."

What the fuck?!!! I don't tell my kids I'll be there and not be!!!

The hell!!! He just wants to make me look bad to his dad???

Jerky McJerkface Motherfucker anyway.

pfft.

4 comments:

Native Minnow said...

I'm sorry. That sucks.

Michelle said...

eh, I've grown a thick skin, just have to make it a bit thicker. =]

Freebird said...

Confused. Where are you living now? NY??

Michelle said...

Still in Indiana, but leaving for NY the 15 or 16:)